Friends of Friends is looking for a Social Media Manager to join our team! This is a position where you’ll have your ear to the ground on all the latest social media trends. It’s a position that’s all about storytelling, great content, and collaborating with our teams and clients to make our socials stand out from the crowd. If you feel home when it comes to art, design or fashion, can you help us in keeping our socials reflective of our ethos and inspirations?
That may all sound like the usual babble—so here’s a breakdown of what the job would entail.
- Managing the day-to-day handling of various social media channels
- Sourcing engaging multimedia content to be shared over the channels
- Developing and launching social media strategies and campaigns based on current trends, research, and data
- Undertaking audience research to monitor engagement, trends, and opportunity areas
- Managing a budget and savvy with paid ads through out Facebook & Instagram
- Creating engaging multimedia content to be shared over the channels
- Collaborating with other departments and liaising with clients
- As an FF Social Media Manager, we want someone who has an interest (and talent!) in generating and promoting multimedia content that engages and inspires our audience
- Two years of experience in a Social Media background, be it in—house or freelance
- Knowledge of Social Media and digital journalism
- Experience and proven track record of actions that drove engagement
- Familiarity with all of the usual software tools—DropBox, WordPress, Slack…you know the drill!
How to Apply
Please include the following in an email [email protected] with the subject ‘Social Media Manager’:
- A short cover letter stating your interest, experience, how you found out about us, and your availability
- A CV or a link to your LinkedIn profile
- A portfolio of your work—be it examples of journalism, blog posts, poetry, or a three-act-play, we want to see your talent and what makes you special!
- At least two projects that prove your ability to develop and implement strategies and tactics to drive engagement on social
This position is full-time and can be fulfilled by German or English speakers. Working remotely is an option—we are accustomed to remote collaborators and we love having international talent on our team!
Here at FF, we celebrate diversity and inclusion, and we’re an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. We work to make sure our environment is a space where anybody can thrive!
Friends of Friends supports, enables, and promotes creative culture through publishing, community experiences, and bespoke brand partnerships. We can’t wait to hear from you!