We have an opening for an Editorial Intern to become part of the Friends of Friends team! We’re looking for somebody who has a passion for storytelling and a flair for working with words. Instead of asking for a plethora of experience, we want someone who has a genuine interest in promoting and fostering creative culture.
Sounds like you? Here’s a further look into what this role entails…
- Assisting the Editorial team with writing, editing, and proofreading copy
- Researching relevant themes and story protagonists for both editorial and and social media projects
- Supporting the Editorial team with updating and maintaining the Friends of Friends homepage
- Supporting the Editorial team with keeping the style guide up to date
- Supporting the Social Media team with creating engaging captions across the Friends of Friends channels
- Assisting the editorial team in maintaining the editorial calendar
- As an editorial intern, you should have a love for storytelling and a talent in working with words
- Entry level familiarity with the usual software tools—Slack, Dropbox, Google Drive, you know the drill!
Experience with WordPress is a plus
- Interest in closely collaborating with the FF team, as well as clients and collaborators
- Having experience in editorial work, or equivalent educational experience, is an advantage, but not a must
How to Apply
Please include the following in an email [email protected] with the subject ‘Editorial Intern’:
- A short cover letter stating your interest, experience, how you found out about us, and your availability
- A CV or a link to your LinkedIn profile
- A portfolio of your work—be it examples of journalism, blog posts, poetry or a three-act-play, we want to see your talent and what makes you special!
Friends of Friends supports, enables, and promotes creative culture through publishing, community experiences and bespoke brand partnerships. We can’t wait to hear from you!