For the FvF mixtape #52 we invited an old friend from New York: Sky Gellatly. A man always on the go, plotting collaborations and working on new projects, at times you wonder when he sleeps. In recent years he has dipped into different professional worlds from finance to editorial work at Complex, GQ, NY Magazine and Details. Today he focuses on his passion for music and bringing people together. Sky is a charming, smiling dynamite, using 24 hours in every day to create meaningful encounters. He finds a equalizing balance in football and marathon running. Together with Lupe Fiasco, Sky acts as DJ/production duo known as the SNDCLSH. Whereas Lupe is a celebrated Hip-Hop MC, Sky is a Managing Partner at Team Epiphany in NYC, and also represents DJ Neil Armstrong, Jay-Z’s former tour DJ, the photographer/director 13thWitness and iconic artist FUTURA 2000.The pair usually DJ uptempo electronic music. This playlist though is a down-tempo departure into “rare emo cuts” that they’d likely never play live. “Breakups to Makeups. Sensitive thugs, we all need hugs.” Sit back, and enjoy.
1. Elle Goulding “High For This” (Weeknd Cover)
2. Res “Golden Boys”
3. The Police “Wrapped Around My Finger”
4. Hall and Oates “Sara Smile”
5. Seals & Crofts “Summer Breeze”
6. The Blackbyrds “Mysterious Vibes”
7. The Jones Girls “Nights Over Egypt”
8. Pointer Sisters “Automatic”
9. Michael Jackson “Pretty Young Thing” (demo)
10. Shuggie Otis “Strawberry Letter 23”
11. N.E.R.D “Run To The Sun”
12. Lupe Fiasco “London, Paris, Tokyo”
13. Alan Braxe and Friends “In Love With You”
14. Sebastien Tellier “La Ritournelle”
15. Beatles “My Life” For regular updates on our latest content subscribe to our FvF newsletter.