Berlin is the techno capital of the world but too much time dancing to four-on-the-floor rhythms can get tiresome for even the most hardcore fan.
That’s why we’re happy to have a mixtape from Brat Star—she’s a recent transplant to the city by way of Montreal and has already embedded herself in the club scene. Rather than restricting herself to one genre she digs on just about everything under the sun and the mix she put together for us reflects those tastes. It’s a good blend of dancehall and funk carioca that begs to be played at full volume in a hot room full of shaking asses. So break out of your normal music listening routine and check this mix out.
- 1 Busy Signal – Up In Her Belly
- 2 Vybz Kartel – Buddy Nuh Dun
- 3 Lipelis – Weirdshit Xu Paelk
- 4 Bryte – Araba Motto (Feat. Yaa Pono)
- 5 MC WM – Para na Posição
- 6 Blood Sisters – Ring My Bell
- 7 Unknown – Fuck Like This
- 8 MC Soffia – Menina Pretinha
- 9 Partynextdoor – Only U (Omar Duro Flip)
- 10 Gorilla Zoe – Hood Nigga (Corny Brat Star Flip)
- 11 Leriq – Say You Love Me
- 12 Paradon’t – Chuwangk Kyuh Hay (thrd mpct)
- 13 Little Keish – Fuck
- 14 Kaakie – Too Much
- 15 Ray – My Girl
- 16 Kingdom – Down 4 Whatever (Feat. SZA)
- 17 DJ Delish – Banji Cunt (Hami Mami Bootleg)
- 18 Kat DeLuna – Whine Up (Brat Star Whiney Club Girl Mashup)
- 19 MC Pikachu e MC Fioti – Vai Toma
- 20 Future – Move That Dope (Feat. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino) (Brat Star U Used 2 Call Me 2 Move Dat Dope Mashup)
Where exactly did you come up with the name?
Brat Star is a play on trap star referencing Bratz [Those chunky headed girl dolls].
You mentioned that you’re bouncing between a lot of genres, what sorts of stuff are you into at the moment?
I’ve been listening to Mariahlynn almost exclusively for the past week.
What sorts of parties are you throwing now?
I just started hosting parties with my friend Olive Duran as SMH—we had our first one in March. We like to keep the line up all female although we don’t want to call the party an all girl party, we just want it to so happen to be that way.
How’d you go about selecting the tracks for the mix you made for us?
I dug deep down into my laptop, picked some ripe tracks, baked them together and sprinkled a bit of Brat Star sugar on top of them.
Thank you, Brat Star for speaking with us and creating this mix. Also thanks to 3’ Hi for putting us in touch with Brat Star. Find more of her mixes on Soundcloud. 3’Hi (pronounced Three Feet High) is an international music platform curating events in London, NYC and Berlin, stay in touch with their events here.
Click here to find the rest of the FvF Mixtapes.