Friends of Friends is on the lookout for an Events Intern to join our team. We’re sure that you’ve all read the classic job descriptions asking for the ultra-organized, multi-talented, super-hero intern with five years of field experience and a plethora of qualifications. Don’t worry, we get it—those job descriptions are looking for a miracle, and we’re not going to ask you to hang the moon.
So, what are we asking from you?
- Supporting the team with conception and planning of events, from cocktail parties to classical music concerts
- Writing of press releases and spreading the word about our events
- Supporting the team with day-to-day client and collaborator communications
- Social-media savvy and ability to network
- Preferably some experience in organizing and hosting events, from surprise parties to university galas
- Interest in empowering artists and cultural questions
- Experience in public relations is an advantage
How to apply:
Please include the following in an email [email protected] with the subject ‘Events Intern’ :
- A short cover letter stating your interest, experience, how you found out about us, and your availability
- A CV or a link to your LinkedIn profile
- A brief description of one of the most innovative public events of the past decade, and how you think the organizers made it special. Choose something that speaks to you, and tell us all about it!
Friends of Friends supports, enables, and promotes creative culture through publishing, community experiences and bespoke brand partnerships. We can’t wait to hear from you!